Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The best news this year

The company that I work for hosts an actuarial conference every year for all actuaries working for the group. All of us are challenged to come up with a new idea, research it and present it at the conference, and the best paper wins a prize - well, the top 3 usually win prizes. Anyway, this year I worked with my best friend in the office and 2 other colleagues from a different area, and we actually won first prize! A trip to London for the 2012 Olympics! I am beyond thrilled. We have tickets for the final day of the athletics (including the 100m final) and the closing ceremony, our flights and accommodation etc. are all paid for. How absolutely awesome is that?!? I'm leaving probably on 9 August, we'll leave the kids with my in-laws who will take unbelievably good care of them, and we'll be away for just over a week. It's actually still sinking in, but I simply can't wait. This will be the first time that I'm overseas with my husband - we've each been away to Europe separately, he's been in the UK and I've been in the US but never together. It's going to be fantastic!!

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through GCM... That is SO cool! I hope you have an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete