Tuesday, June 21, 2011

And so it begins.

I suppose every blog begins with a "hi, this is my first post". So hi. This is my first post. All nice and conformist - I guess that bit won't last.

If you're curious about me, here's some basic info: I'm Linda. I'm South African born and bred, and currently living in Johannesburg - and loving every second. My wonderful husband and I moved here about 2.5 years ago from Cape Town, and we've fallen in love with the city to a degree that I never thought possible. We have two beautiful girls, the light of my life, and I expect you'll hear quite a bit about the roller-coaster adventure that is parenting a one- and four-year-old in the posts to follow. I'm a bit of a geek, and my current obsession is baking and cake decorating, to my family's delight and my waistline's final demise. During the day I can be found at work in front of a computer (I'm an actuary), and given that it's midwinter here you'll find me most evenings in front of the fireplace with a glass of wine.

I have no idea where this is going, or where my focus is going to end up. For the moment, I plan to share with you my adventures in baking, parenting, home renovating (starting in 4 weeks, eek!), faith and life in general. Let's see where we end up, OK?

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! Pretty soon you'll find yourself composing blog posts in your head. :-)

    ~MamaBird

    ReplyDelete