Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Week 4, day 2

Today's running program was as follows:

10 minutes of warm up walking
7 minutes run, 2 minutes walk
4 minutes run, 2 minutes walk
repeat the run sequence
then 5 minutes cool down walk

It went OK, I guess, but it was my most difficult run to date. Which is obvious, I suppose, since it was the furthest I've run in more than a decade. I'm a little worried about my 10k race goal... but for the moment, I'm taking it one day at a time, and while I'm running I'm pretty much taking it a minute at a time. I just get through one minute, then one minute more, and more and more.

What I'm really really proud of is that I've managed to stick to the 2 minute walks in between run times, instead of going longer. It happens quite often that I end a running sequence and feel convinced that I'll need to do more than 2 minutes of walking before I can run again, but until now I've managed each time to pull myself together by the end of the 2 minutes.

Tomorrow I plan to do some cross-training. I haven't decided what - maybe a bicycle and the circuit strength training. I want to get my heartrate going so I will do something cardio-related. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment