Sunday, July 24, 2011

Home renovations

Hanno and I have been planning a new kitchen since we first moved into our house, 2.5 years ago. We had plans drawn up by an architect – worth every cent, by the way. Hanno told me all along that we should get an architect and I resisted because I didn’t want to spend more than we had to, but she came up with such incredible ideas for the house that I can’t imagine doing this without her. So here it is in writing: Hanno was right! Of course our original plan would have been significantly cheaper, but much less awesome and I suppose the trade-off between awesome and cheap is a pretty easy one to make.

Plans were approved a week ago, so now we’re applying for loans and getting kitchen designs and building quotes and deciding on tiles etc. At times I want to postpone the whole thing for a year just so we can breathe for a while, I really dislike it when my life feels this hectic. But on the other hand, the kitchen is going to be FANTASTIC. Now if only we can fast-forward through the next 4 months...

No comments:

Post a Comment