Saturday, November 3, 2012

30 days of thanks: day 4

Day 4: weekends

I love weekends. Don't get me wrong, weekdays are great too. I love my job, so my appreciation for weekends has nothing to do with not having to go to work. Here are the things I love about weekends:

1. Sleeping in (which around here means until 6 instead of 5, but there is hope for when the kids are older, right?)

2. Getting up does not have to equal getting dressed.

3. Shopping without a time deadline

4. Less traffic

5. Spending time with my family

6. Naps!

7. Church on Sundays. It's a struggle with the kids being little, so I rarely get to properly listen to a sermon, but still.

8. Being outside

9. Lazy breakfasts

10. Cooking with my husband (or watching him cook)

11. Getting all the small things done that somehow never happen during the week

12. Loads of social stuff

I think there are 2 themes to my weekend - a busy one, which is about the things that I would otherwise do during the week but don't get to, and a wind-down, relaxed, day-of-rest one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment