Monday, November 19, 2012

30 days of thanks: day 19

Day 19: a husband who cooks

I have already devoted a day of thanks to the amazing man I married, but today I am specifically grateful for his favourite hobby: cooking. I can manage very well in the kitchen, but I do not really enjoy cooking. Baking is more my thing. And I find it absolutely amazing that my husband can come home after a long day at the office and still want to cook dinner for the family.

I am grateful for many aspects of his cooking:

  • Of course, the fabulous results!
  • The balance of health and flavour - lots of veggies, but with a bit of butter or cheese.
  • He is a neater cook than I am, mostly from his time running the pizzeria. So not only does he get better meals on our plates, but the kitchen does not look like a disaster zone afterwards!
  • It is a love language for him, so he takes into account every personal preference that he knows of when he plans a menu.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment